Friday, September 2, 2016

Poetic Personal Statment



2. BLOG POST: POETIC PERSONAL STATEMENT
Required Images: LastF_Poetic.jpg


It's been a long summer but I'm finally back here to tell you all about poetry. I feel that poetry can be very personal. I find it personal because most poems relate to the poet's life. For example, a black poet during segregation would make a poem about how hard life was (I'm not trying to be racist, I promise). A rich person would make a poem about his or her riches and/or how good his/her life was/is (again, I'm not trying to insult anyone so PLEASE don't take any offense).


As the mind grows more intelligent,
The soul grows more elegant.
Through blood, sweat, and tears, my true wonderful form appears.
Some find it appalling, some find it drawing, some find it inspiring.
My friends help me on my way, to attempt to keep the dark moments at bay.
That doesn't always work though, but the bad times help me grow.
Despite that, I avoid the darkness of feelings, because it's hard to acquire emotional healing.
That is just how my life goes, for that is the path I chose.
Should i change it I think not, don't even give me the thought.


What you just read was my poetic personal statement. Notice how I used rhythm and rhyme to create a poem that actually makes sense. I used rhymezone.com  to come up with all the rhymes that I used in my poetic statement. I also used all of my personal experiences to fuel the words that I used in the statement. This statement is also being used in the first photoshop project of the year. The finished project is displayed below.

My finished and kerned text layer.

My completed sketch layer





The entire finished photoshop project has yet to be added so just sit tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment