Thursday, September 29, 2016

Verbal Landscapes



Nature is a key fundamental element in my life. Nature got me interested into becoming a survivalist, or "living off of the land", as one might say. Nature also keeps all of us alive by providing air, food, water, and shelter. Nature is the base of all life on planet earth. Nature is the starting point on planet earth.

GT class is making me do a nature poem, backed up with slow-mos and time lapses. Creating them isn't as hard as it seems. The filming is the hardest part. You have to put the camera on a natural flat surface And hold still for 10 seconds for slow-mos and 5+ minutes for time lapses. Then, you take the raw footage into a video editor such as Final Cut Pro X (not sponsored). And finally, you go to the re- time editor option and either speed up or slow down the clip.

Every project that we do in this class is bound to have difficult parts. The most difficult part of this project (in my opinion) is the filming of the time lapses. You don't know how hard it is to hold still for 5+ minutes to film a time lapse. It's unbearable. The part that I enjoyed the most was the editing portion. It is quite enjoyable to be immersed in your own work. If you did this, you would know just how fun this actually is.

As you can see, my class really liked my video. Yesterday, my GT class watched every one's videos and voted on scores for the videos. 22.2% of the class (6 students) gave me a 4/4. I met all the requirements but I think it was my monologue that set it off. 3 people (11.1%) in the class voted my video the best in the class. I'm flattered and don't want to object to their decision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment