Monday, November 30, 2015

Scratch game design

I had to make a chase game in scratch for my G. T. class. That game was really hard to make and the code was complicated. Luckily, I had a separate mindset to impress. The audience was that mindset. I was lucky enough to have a friend of mine play my game while it was in development. After that, I was aware of the bugs and how to fix them. If it wasn't for my friend's preview of the game, the game would have failed.



My game has many complicated features. One of those would be the different sprites. The sprites I picked were generic. I picked a tennis ball, a flower shape, and a bowl of cheese puffs. The main character is a cat. The cat is being chased by the other sprites. The goal is to escape. How,  you ask? You escape by scoring 10 points. You score 1 point every 5 seconds. If an enemy touches you, you lose ALL your points. Notice the timer? If you run out of time, you lose. Meanwhile, in my platformer, there are some different features. In all the levels, there is lava. Touch it, and you lose a life. There is also a timer. If the timer or the lives counter reaches zero,  GAME OVER!!!


My best code was my jumping script. I made my character go slowly up then down. The other impressing thing is the BUGS!!! My most difficult bug was actually in my freedom game. I struggled to use music changes. I ended having to use hidden variables. For example: boss kills and music changes are hidden variables. Those ended up helping me out greatly with the music changes. Unfortunately, the music code is not capable of creating good music. The music in my game is amateur piano. That is all the code can do.


No comments:

Post a Comment