Friday, September 18, 2015

Comedy writing







   A sense of humor is an important character trait. Why?. Well, a sense of humor expresses who you really are. When you tell a joke, your personality shows up in said joke. For example, if you joke about something the other person finds "hard to take", your joke will show that you barely care about their feelings about the topic.


  Comedy writing can be very stressful sometimes. Because of that, I will give you 5 tips on how to write comedy. Sarcasm. Being sarcastic can stir up some laughs, especially when it's obvious.
B-roll. B-roll are visuals that go along with a comedic monologue. Great for video.  Gestures. Gestures make over 50% of laughs. They add extra "ommph" to your monologue.  Monologue. A short, yet comedic story works very well. Empathy. Put yourself in the audience's shoes. You don't want to be the only one laughing.

  I came up with a joke monologue for GT class. I literally repeated a funny moment in my life. That moment was when I called my 5th grade teacher mom. I also shared my feelings about the incident. I used sarcasm in my thought process, so my joke could have one strong punchline, and one weak punchline. The strong punchline was calling Mr.M mom. The weak one was my sarcasm in my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment